I don’t know if, in the process of challenging myself creatively for the month of March, I may have bitten off a little more than I could chew (based on my self-imposed guidelines). These album covers are taking a little longer than I had originally expected. Part of it is the computer not processing as quickly as I would like it (after all, it’s a little over 8 years– and it’s running CS3 to boot– no small feat in and of itself, I might add). The other part is the research involved, all of which is pushing me considerably past my 30 minute (or so) deadline.
These last couple of days have been a bit odd. I had all the best intentions of getting this done yesterday, but time spent with family took precedence, so, at least for a day or two, I’ll probably be behind with my projects.
On today’s CSED:
I decided that it would probably be easier on me if I set a theme for the month and used that as a springboard. I took a cue from Daniela, over at “designism” and decided to go with a music theme. I’m thinking that I’d like to do a month’s worth of album covers done in the Blue Note records style, but with my self-imposed time limits this may not always be possible.
In the meantime, however, please enjoy the first of what will hopefully be a month’s worth of Blue Note-style album covers.